Re: [DML] Hot exhaust

Nick is running an EFI/Electronic ignition setup that means that air
leaks are a moot point unless huge because he is running speed density
metering. Ditto distributor mods - he isn't running mechanical timing.
Plus he has rebuilt his enire engine so O doubt he skimped on the O-Rings.

My advice was (and is) to retard the cam timing to 110 and equalise the
banks. This has the effect of dropping the dynamic compression ratio as
well as ensuring equality across the banks. For info, I measured a stock
DeLorean engine at 105 and 107 degrees ATDC inlet full lift. You can
only only experiment to see what efect this has on emissions when going
forced induction with stock cams. The Renault Z7U 2458cc turbo engine
runs a static CR of 8.6:1 which is only a smidge below the 8.8:1 in the
DeLorean engine, but it runs massively retarded cam timing. I have not
measured exact figures, but it's the principle reason why the 3 litre
turbo engine (only 110cc larger) is so much more powerful, given a
static CR of 7.6:1 and much healthier cam timing not to mention lift.

The 3 litre turbo engine I was invloved in in a GTA V6 Turbo went off
the scale on the rollers at 240hp at the wheels at a bar of boost at
5000rpm. We estimate around 330-340hp at the flywheel at 6000rpm. That
is an off-the-shelf Renault Safrane BiTurbo 2963cc engine with a
chargecooled single T3/4 hybrid turbo

It sure is fast.

Martin
DMC Ltd