[DML] Re: crash tests / safety

I have posted Countless postings on one of my parts cars,and how that
(the driver) survived a MAJOR head-on collusion,at high speed on the
Mass Pike,back in the days when,the factory was still in
Business,this
car in fact,had a Balljoint failure at high speed (60mph or higher)it
then went flying onto the opposite lanes,hit a Toyota head-on,the
nose of
 the Delorean Completely sheared off,(Hood,fenders,fasia,and the
black nose underbody,went flying off in one piece)almost up to the
front firewall,and flew a good 200ft.from the car,but the driver was
able to still open both doors, and he only came out of it with cuts
and
Bruises,unfortunely,one person in the Toyota died,and there was a
Huge
lawsuit settlement(quite a few milllion)(not sure if DMC was involved
in the lawsuit)and also started a recall on
balljoint failure,the other bad news,was that,the insurance
Company,and
MMV,made sure,that this Delorean would never see the light of day on
any highway again,they destroyed the title and one vin plate,selling
it
ONLY as a parts car(I tried to get a title,that is how I found what
happened with this Delorean,as they both,knew the car quite well,back
then,and told me in detail about the car and the accident)
CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "johntaylorny" <johntaylorny@...>
wrote:

> I've been watching some old crash test videos of Deloreans and it
> really got me thinking. The cars were drivin into a flat wall at
> 40mph...and were basically pulverized. Has there been any
discussions
> about the cars' saftely? Since most accidents don't occur straight
> into flat walls, but more so off set head on or into slim objects
such
> as trees, and at speeds in excess of 40mph...what are your chances
of
> crashing in a Delorean and not being splattered to bits?
>
> Obviously compared to today's cars with crumple zones and saftey
cages
> it may look bad. But I mean the cars were just demolished.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)