[DML] Re: Happy Anniversary

To me the "ton of fun" was in 1985,when I got my first "turn key"
Delorean,9K orignal miles,orignal right down to the orignal Delco
battery!! That car was sweet!! From the moment I bought it,till the day
I sold it,believe it or not,NOT one problem with that Delorean(vin #
3690)Everything worked as it should,no parts had to be replaced,no
gremlins of any kind,always started on the first crank,in fact the only
thing I had to do was just,drive it which I did!! The SS panels were
perfect in every way,they still had the very beautiful,factory
finish,with zero dullness,in the sunlight the SS gleened,with such a
spaarkle and shine,that drove people to it like moths to a light!! TRUE!
In fact the person I sold it to in 1988,took one look at it and HAD TO
OWN IT,(another story in itself,on how I got the parts to fix/restore
Vin 16686)
Vin 3690,I figure was built on a VERY happy day at the factory,as that
car was flawless in everyway!! Construction wise,and mechanical,and
parts wise,as that Delorean was truly a piece of art.Last I heard that
car was in Poland(vin 3690)AND the last owner that I knew of had a
problem with partying a little too much,and since I have not heard to
much about vin 3690,I fear the worst has happened to it.(screech/crash)
Who knows it may just also be sitting in someones garage hibernating
waiting to be rediscovered,who knows?

CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit@...> wrote:

> It's our Paper Anniversary!
>
>   17076 "Delores" and I have been together one year today.
>
>   Brought her home from the dealership after all appraisals and
paperwork on November 5, 2005

>   You Back to the Future fans will know the significance of THAT date.
>
>   I encourage anyone thinking about a D to get one. This car is a ton
of fun.

>   Parts Pit Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional