From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
dmc12rb
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:00 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Injectors

What should the correct fuel pressure be (at the injectors)?

About 800 miles ago I had the injectors in my D cleaned/tested by one
of the vendors. (This was done at the same time I replaced the water
pump and the car has not run the same since then. Horrendous gas
mileage, a popping sound in the exhaust and poor acceleration.)

I have cleaned the injectors in a ultrasound cleaner, using a Techron
concentrate. While testing them after the cleaning I occasionally
notice an incomplete spray pattern when blowing compressed air
through them. Changing the pressure appears to have an effect and I
am curious about the cause.

My test method is far from scientific, using compressed air and a
makeshift contraption to connect it to the injector. It appears that
I need about 70 PSI to get anything through the injectors. Does
anybody know of a reasonably priced spray pattern tester or have any
other suggestions? (Yes, I know that I can have them cleaned and
tested by a vendor again -- or buy a new set for about $500, but I
would like to know if I have an injector problem or not before I take
that step.)

Roger
VIN1074

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews