[DML] Re: Rear fascia on Ebay

A paint job is $100 maybe if you are equipped to do it yourself. I've
priced it a couple of times at body shops and they generally want more
like $3-500 for anything other than a quick respray. Local labor rates
my vary. Even original facias often have several layers of paint on
them and need to be stripped and leveled for a quality job. Masking the
gray/black is difficult to do correctly (depending on how picky you
are!).

Main point is - if you are not painting it yourself be sure to get a
real painting quote first.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12@...>
wrote:

> I noticed when this auction first came up a while ago and it seemed
> that no one was interested. If I recall correctly someone bid and
must
> have backed out because it was up for auction again.  ---

 Anyway, I figured that the big problem
> with fascias was distortion and shrinkage not paint. So in the end if
> I have to spend another $100 on a paint job I will have a brand new
> $1000 part for $500. Thoughts??
>
> Nathan
> 2277

<*> Your email settings: