[DML] Re: Recommended Tires & availability of Michelin Pilot XGT H4

[DML] Re: Recommended Tires & availability of Michelin Pilot XGT H4

All your posts regarding tires were timely:

I've tried about every brand of matched front/rear that's made
dduring the time I've had my two D's.

By far the best combination of handling, life span and ride has bee
the Michelin Pilot XGT H4's.  Recently, however, I have not been
able to find the rear tires despite checking with several retail
stores and distributors.  I was told the tire are no longer made in
the 235's.

If there is a way to get the tires thru Canada, I'd like to know
what needs to be done to place an order for a few.

Also, are there any other sizes that might work safety-wise and
profile wise?

Woody

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397@...>
wrote:

> Sizes for the DeLorean are kind of weird to find.  I did find a
whole
> set called Cooper Cobra GT.  Local shop said they could install all
> four for $275.
>
> Some tires I've seen some owners like (me included) are called
> Michelin Pilot XGT H4.  The fronts you can get on Wal-Mart.com.
The
> rears, good luck unless you find some hiding somewhere.  But the
rears
> are still available in the Canadian market.
>
> Matt
> VIN: 2953
> Frostburg, MD

[moderator snip]