From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
dadoc2791
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:43 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Engine Cut Out

Just a head's up for others, in case you should encounter this.
Driving down the freeway, the engine quit as if I'd turned off the
key.  Gauges all stayed on but tach dropped to zero.  A few seconds
later, as I began to pull off, it popped back to life buzzing along
like nothing had ever happened.  The same thing happened a couple of
times, but then it ran smoothly the rest of the way home.  Next day,
I drove to a store a couple of miles away, came out and it wouldn't
start.

Dumping a couple of ounces of fuel down the throat, it would fire
up, burn off that fuel and die again.  So, I knew it wasn't a spark
problem, but a fuel delivery problem.  I began my investigation at
the fuel pump.  After opening the fuel pump/sender access panel in
the luggage compartment, I pulled up the pump wiring and noticed
that the plug connecting the pump to its power supply was not fully
seated together.  I pushed them together and gave the ignition
switch a turn.  "Varoom!", away I went.  I've had no further trouble.

Intermittent problems can be the most difficult to diagnose.  I was
lucky to find this problem easily.  I hope if you have an
intermittent difficulty, it is as obvious a repair as mine was!

Craig Werner
VIN 07181

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings: