RE: [DML] Door headliners

You need three things:

First of all,  the headliner material needs to have a lot of stretch to
it.  I used the aftermarker Heads Up product and it was barely strechy
enough.

Second, you need very good quality headliner adhesive.  Super 77 or the
elmers spray won't do it, the material will start to come loose in no
time with an inferior adhesive.

Finally patience.  I had my best luck starting on one long side of the
flat frame area, applying the headliner as relaxed as I could, no
stretch at all, almost wrinkled.  Then work your way across the
headliner fording it down into the bowl shape, work out the wrinkles at
the concave corners.  The material will be stretching a fair amount as
it conforms to the bowl, the work your way across and up the other side.

When you wrap around the edges, leave a little more on the backside than
you may think at first.

I'm 95% happy with mine, I got some separating from the backing at eh
deepest part of my concave corners,  but I think it would be perfect
next time.  Others may have a better technique, but this one will get
you to at least 98%.

Tom

10902