Re: [DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

Re: [DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

>   He took the risks.  He reaps the rewards.

The words above really sum it up for me.  While I love the products some
of you have made (Tom's mirrors are on order!!) I do have to say,
without any disrespect intented, Those making products on a limited
scale are not really taking a huge risk on their product that would
destroy their livelyhood if it didn't sell.

I believe in risk vs. reward 100%.  DMCH has taken that risk and proves
it over and over again with all the new stuff they are investing in.  it
costs alot of money to re-tool some of the part we all need.

If you had taken the time to re-register a trademark and spend the
millions of dollars in a new facility and purchasing the entire Delorean
inventory and have worked hard to recreate parts for our cars wouldn't
you be a little protective over the use of the DMC logo?  Come on
people, get some clarity here.

So yeah, maybe DMCH came across heavy handed but look at the investment
they have laid on the table for the benefit of all of us!   I'm not
saying we should all bow down and kiss DMCH's feet for what they have
done but understand they took that risk.  What risk have any of you put
on the line that deserves the use of the logo..really.  A few hundred
buck, a thousand? two thousand?......It's peanuts compared to the risk
Stephen took to get DMCH to where it is.

Even if DMCH's claim on all uses of the logo is false, which nobody has
really proven, it would be bad form to not at least call them to see if
they would like to market your product.  You certaintly will have a
larger audience than if you tried to market it yourself.  Unless of
course you are looking at making yet another DMC logo T-shirt.

Is some of this "sour grapes" that Stephen had the foresight to re-
register the logo?  I can't help but think that some of this is jealousy
and a bit of "who does he think he is".   My answer is (and I do love
you all, really) GET OVER IT!  It's a friggin logo for a car.  Make your
products but forget the logo...if you want the logo for your car go
ahead, nobody can stop you from adorning anything you make for yourself
with the DMC logo but it you try to sell it.....you take the risk of
DMCH sending you a letter I guess.

again, no disrespect intended to any of you. I'm just tired of reading
about this whole logo issue and seeing Stephen getting beaten up for
tyring to protect it.

Group Hug?????

Tom Watkins

<*> Your email settings: