RE: [DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

RE: [DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

I have to disagree. :)  How many other companies, or people, try to protect
the integrity of the DMC image?  I really don't know but all I read about is
DMCH.  Their doing so also reinforces what other vendors sell with the same
logo.  I have read several people's posts about this but none of them, that
I recall, state DMCH demanding millions of dollars in restitution.

DMCH has a vested interest in protecting the image.  When some random person
slaps that logo on an item and people buy it are they ensuring that item
will be safe and perform as intended?  What if it fails?  What if there is a
law suit?  People tend to blame the name on the item rather than who
actually made it and the perception is it was licensed by them.

I worked for an OEM supplier in the automotive industry and licensing is a
huge deal, even more so because of public perception.  I could tell you
stories about some parts out there that most people probably wouldn't
believe.  There are lots of people who sell stuff on eBay referencing DMC;
one even sold a door kit to supposedly make them open like a Lamborghini.
When people see stuff on the car and it looks and performs like crap they
usually blame the name on the product.

Would anyone feel more comfortable buying Brand-X Performance Suspension
than an Eibach setup that DMCH worked with to make sure it worked and fit?
Would Brand-X stand behind the parts as well as DMCH?

DMCH has taken a lot of time to reproduce some parts, as we all know, but is
there any doubt it will work when offered or that they won't stand behind
it?  If I were to create a new product for the De Lorean I would absolutely
want them behind it, and send them a sample to approve or suggest changes
on, to ensure my product will do for the car what is stated.  I could also
use this in my advertising.  Giving them a cut could also be valuable to the
seller.  It would also reach a larger buyer's market.

Greg