[DML] Re: Gas on top of tank ...

There's a hose type clamp that secures the bottom boot covering the
section of pump in the tank that could be loose, unless the boot has
a hole or leak in it.  I had this problem when I bought my car last
year.  I lifted the pump/lower boot from the tank and tightened the
clamp that sealed the boot around the pump, and it kept the pump dry
after that.

Paul

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@...> wrote:

> Just got back from the MN 7th annual DeLorean Apple Run.  All went
well and
> it is good to get together with those faceless emails we often see
on these
> lists.
>
> But ... When I got home I noticed a strong gas smell in the garage
and
> traced it to gas on top the tank.  I removed the boot covering the
fuel
> pump.  There is gas in the well surrounding the fuel pump.  This
is the fuel
> line & electrical connection side of the pump.
>
> - Should there be gas on that side of the pump?
> - Isn't the pump sealed from there to the inside of the tank so
that half of
> the pump is sealed inside the tank and the other half is sealed
and on the
> outside of the tank?
> - I assume it should be dry on top side of the pump, correct?
> - Any thoughts on where I should check to see where the gas is
coming from?

> Thanks,
>
> Nick
> --