[DML] My Delorean on the November cover of SPIN magazine

[DML] My Delorean on the November cover of SPIN magazine

I got a call on Wednesday from a company that I have my car registered with
for Movies/TV/Commercials, and Photo shoots.  They wanted to know if my
Delorean was available today (Sunday) for a photo session in NYC for SPIN
magazine.  Of course I jumped at the chance for the opportunity.  I was
excited both as a Delorean owner and a photographer to have the chance to
see a real professional at work using my car as part of their shoot.

The company confirmed all the details and told me that it was for SPIN
magazine and they were doing a shoot with a new up an coming Rap/R&B group
called "Gnarles Barkley" that currently has a hit single.   I had never
heard of them till that point, but I think I was just about the only one in
the world who hadn't.  EVERYONE else I spoke to in the next couple of days
was like "REALLY!!???  I love their song 'Crazy'!!!  Your so lucky that you
get to meet them!"

My wife Cheryl and I arrived today promptly at 11:15am in NYC at the photo
studio at Chelsea Piers and made sure our Delorean was super clean.  We
brought it up to the studio on a freight elevator to the studio and hung out
while they set up for the shoot.  Sadly, the photographer is a "quirky"
fellow who wanted a closed set for the shoot.  We had to leave and could not
watch the actual shoot in progress.   Cheryl did get to meat the band, but
only for a minute or two, and we didn't get a photo op. with them due to the
fast pace of them getting set up for everything.

Several hours later, the shoot was done, and we got a call to come back and
pick up the car.  We arrived back at the studio and I was told "The studio
was paid for the full day.  If you want to take some photos of your car,
knock yourself out."   Oh HELL YEAH!!!  Of course I had already snapped a
few earlier in the morning prior to the shoot, but I took the luxury to get
a few more.

You can some of the ones I took here:
http://www.grenexmedia.com/events/SPINMag/index.htm

So the contact from SPIN magazine gave me the scoop.  I originally was told
the shots were to be used in an article inside the magazine, but she told me
the shoot was actually for the cover of the November issue!  :)   They were
working on some kind of a BTTF theme, and had improvised a pretty crappy Dr.
Brown Mind reading hat prop.  I don't know specifically what or how they
shot, but during the shoot they called my cell to ask how to open the
bonnet, and If they could use the spare tire in the shoot.    Your guess is
as good as mine as to what they wanted to do that for!  I did ask them not
to remove the spare.  It is old, and was not in very "clean" condition.

So check out SPIN magazine in November and lets see what the final outcome
will be!   :)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680