[DML] DMC Midwest

HI all,

After spending the day with Dave & Julee yesturday at the Club Tech Day and partaking in
the Big Anouncement of the New Shop. I thought, I should say few words about what this
means to me and our community.  I think at first it felt a little weird and I was not sure
what to think and how the personal relationship I and my wife have had with them might
change going Forward. But,After 24 hrs of thinking about it processing my emotion,  I
have to say this will be a truely GREAT thing. Up till now Dave and Julee have been
incredible in there support and enthusiasm the Delorean Community. The the personal
time Dave has spent is tremendous.  So, in a way this was a very natural thing for them to
decide to move into as a fulltime venture.  For many years now the The Delorean Midwest
Connection IE: (the Chicago Club )has been truly fortunate too have Dave and Julee. If it
were not for there personal support and a fanstic home shop in which to have truly fun
club tech sessions I think the club would not be the same. I have always looked forward to
the tech sessions. It is a great time for club members to get together a couple times a year
to help each other and swap stories. My hope is that this won't change and that the DIY
club members will still particapate in future Tech days. The GOOD thing is that we will for
the most part be able to get those needed parts locally from Dave, instead of having to
order them ahead of time or if it is something they don't have, let them know in advance
and it will be there for the Tech day. With Dave opening the shop many of the club
members will be able to have there cars serviced thoughout the year. There are alot of
Deloreans out there that are in need of major work. Most of those owners are not
techincally minded and just want  someone to do the work for them. This is where Daves'
shop will be a great service to the midwest community. For me personally, I am A die hard
DIYer but if I need parts I will now be able to get them more locally. In short, 2 day ground
shipping rather than 4 or more. For the most part all of the Delorean specific parts are the
same price from most of the main stream suppliers so why not buy from your closest
location I know I will when ever possible. There are also those very few things that I am
not comfortable doing ( Stainless repair is the big one) and now there will be shop within
reasonable driving distance to deal with this. My hope is that Dave will get really good at
this:-) because I have a few minor dings that need to be serviced. But, till now was not
worth spending $1500 just to have the car transported to one of the coasts for service
then add the cost of the repairs to that. This is the biggest reason the Midwest will be well
served by A service facility.

 I want to congradulate Dave and Julee on there decision to start this new venture. I wish
them all the best and thank them very much for their dedication they have givin to the
Delorean community over the years.

Here's to the future.  Lets hope its a good one for Dave and Julee.

I wish them all the best.

Sincerely,

Dennis Schlieckau

<*> Your email settings: