[DML] Re: Hood Locked!

You seem to know what you have to do. I would start with the least
damaging and invasive procdures and go from there. When you do finally
get it open install the back-up cable. From your description I am
guessing you will have to cut the loop on the hood and force it open.
With the remote actuator you might not be able to get to the latch
mechanism with a wire from inside the car. Worth trying though.
Another possability would be to remove the headlights and undo the
hinges. That could give you enough room maybe to reach the latch.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Watkins <outatime81@...> wrote:

> I know there are a couple of procedure in getting a hood open when
the cable breaks.  I checked the archives and Ken K's post said to use
a strong wire and "L" shape it and work it in.  Some said the try and
cut the loops with a hacksaw.  The last is trying to push up the
carpet and board and try to grab the latch.

>   I was doing some work on my remote actuator set up and removed the
linkage arm that connects the actuator to the cable and the latch
mechanism.  I walked away for a minute and then decided I didn't have
enough time to finish so without thinking I closed the hood.  It was
one of those "OH CRAP" moments the second I closed the hood.  The
actuator is not in the trunk space and the cable is dangling
free......I know, I know....I'm a dumbass!  LOL!!!

>   I'd like to try getting to it from underneath but does pushing up
the board and carpet with a stick give enough room to get something up
there?

>   Feeling Stupid In Maine.....
>
>   Tom Watkins
>   #05732