From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mike Bosworth
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:00 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Cracked windshield...

Agreed, as with any shipping its down to the carrier.

But one day when OEM Stock screens run out its good to know that one
of the largest vehicle glass manufactures out there is supporting
our cars with brand new ones.

Ive no connection with said manufacturer btw, just pleased
they 'came through' and decided the market was large enough for
them.

Only $50 difference after shipping ??, i though it would have been a
hell of a lot more.

Regards

Mike

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@...> wrote:

> At the current exchange rate that would be about $50.00 higher
than buying
> one from DMCH.  After my last shipping fiasco across the pond I
would really
> hate to see the condition glass would arrive in.
>
> I can highly recommend using ANYONE but DHL.  You would be better
off
> strapping it to a donkey and whacking it on the ass letting it
wander around
> trying to find your address.  It would probably show up in better
condition,
> too.
>
> Greg

Behalf Of
> Mike Bosworth
> Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:39 AM
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Re: Cracked windshield...
>
> http://www.uroglas.com/trolleyed/144/165/index.htm
>
> Worldwide shipping.
>
> Brand new replacement and very nice they are too :)
>
> Regards
>
> Mike
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Came out to my car this afternoon and my windshield has a big old
> > crack in it, darnit. It's time for a new one.
> >
> > What's the scoop on this? Does anyone actually sell a new
> windshield?
> > I've read a lot of complaints about the NOS windshields and
> > delamination.
> >
> > Once I find a place to purchase a windshield, I'll have to get it
> > installed. Can any competant windshield shop take care of this,
or
> are
> > there special considerations? Anything specific I should look
for,
> or
> > ask about, when selecting a glass shop to do the work?
> >
> > Is there anything else I should replace or look into while they
> have
> > the windshield out?
> >
> > -Ryan

<*> Your email settings: