From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
drhdmc1
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:28 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Electrical Issues - Volt Meter - Horns dead when wet

Drove my car from Houston to Denver over the weekend and had a couple
of issues to ask the group about....

1. I noticed while driving that anytime the fans or any other
accessory use(Horns) the volt meter had a very noticeable tick. It
was only momentary but certainly noticeable.
- Newly rebuilt alternator (100 volt from a 1985 Eldorado - been
running this unit for about 20 years).
- Specialty Auto Fan Fix 2X2, (fan fail light works when fans are
running).
With this symptom is there a ground or other issue that I should be
concerned with?

2. Unrelated issue, it was raining all across northwest Texas and in
one small town I hit a "relatively" big water puddle. Relatively big
for a lowered Delorean meaning it was about an inch deep, kidding
really! This caused my Horns to stop working until they had a chance
to dry out.
Is there something I can do to correct this problem dielectric
grease, loose grounds suggestions?

Side note, at every gas station along the route the car drew a crowd;
I was accommodating and had at least 10 kids sit in the driver's seat
having pictures taken.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan Haney

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews