Re: [DML] Re: Lost clutch

Thanks David T. and John H.,

  The resoivoir is full and has been the whole time.  The level never changed. I rebuilt the master and slave cylinders last year.  I guess I'll just replace the slave cylinder since I have already removed the top of the engine to get to it. I noticed when I manually press the slave cylinders piston torward the back of the car that it returns to the position it was in before I pressed it.  I would think that it's resting position would be all the way back toward the back of the car.  I don't know which is normal.  Also, if I open the bleeder screw and press the piston back on the slave cylinder, no fluid escapes thru the bleeder valve.  I don't know if this is normal either.

  I guess I should just replace the cylinders with new ones rather than rebuild because I would want to have to go thru this again in another year.

  I do have the problem shifting into second if I'm accelerating quickly. There's no problem during normal acceleration.  Also, there is a slight grinding of gears if I shift quickly into 5th at a high rate of speed.  Normal driving, no problem.

  Lingo