[DML] Re: Transmission questions- Important

[DML] Re: Transmission questions- Important

1 - more often than you'd like. I suggest that, if the trans is out
for work anyway, pop off the back cover and re-torque the shaft nuts.
2 - I think this has been around a while.
3 - Noise
4 - The shaft nuts can actually be accessed with the trans in the
car. Just drop the rear mounts and you can get to everything.

As for installation, I either have a helper push up on the tail pipes
while I and (more helpers) rock the trans into line, or wedge a tall
jackstand (aka a 5-foot 2x4) under the muffler or oil pan to keep the
engine pushed up as far as possible, usually when the tailpipes hit
the facia.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tell you if you ask."