[DML] Re: bleeding the clutch.

Hi

there are at least two ways to replace the clutch slave.

one would be to remove the air intake assembly. (and at the same
time many replace the water pump and clean and paint the valley).

however you can do it without doing this. i did it from underneath
the car!.

there is the line to it (i assume you have already got to this one).
and two bolts only.
support the car (very safely on axle stands or perhaps a ramp).
then you have to sort of hug the gearbox, and reach with both hands
to feel for the slave and its two bolt, one each side.
use a socket to undo.
(trawl the net for pics of the engine out of the car to see what you
are feeling for.)

with the bolts undone, you have to work the cylinder out of its
resting hole (the clutch fork just insert inside with no physical
connection.0

this way you should be able to free the cylinder, and remove from
car.

once on a bench you should be able to remove the bleed screw (and
perhaps fit a new seal kit  or order a new slave).

fitting is just as nice! getting very friendly, nose touching the
gearbox!. push inot the clutch fork and force into position (lots of
resistance in mine from nearby water pipes).

it is a pain but not impossible!.

regards

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "funkstuf" <funkstuf@...> wrote:

> I just installed the new braided steel clutch line.  About 20
minutes.
> Now the real problem.. Went to bleed my clutch.. Tried and 8 mm,
and
> Tried a 5/16.  No luck because somebody had stripped the thing.
Next