[DML] Re: Update on rough start issue...still need help please

[DML] Re: Update on rough start issue...still need help please

Derek,
When your car is running do you smell raw gas or heavy exhaust
fumes? has the air mixture unit been drilled or punched? has the
thermial time switch on the water pump been replaced? has the intake
been removed recently? have you checked all your vacuum lines to
make sure there all connected even under the intake, do you hear
vacuum leaks by your canister conpartment? have you changed any fuel
lines or filters lately?changed or removed you air regulator
stabilizer or swapped out your RPM relay, call me if you need I will
try to help.
Lawrence
Lawrence's DeLorean
Service & Repair
Dearborn Heights, Mi. 313-506-3786

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Derek" <derek.grozio@...> wrote:

> I posted in the beginning of July about a rough start issue I was
having. The car needed 8
> cranks or so to fire up then idled fine the first few minutes
unless you tried to go anywhere,
> in which case the car bucked and hesitated until it warmed up. I
replaced the warm up
> regulator per a suggestion in several responses I received, and
bingo, that fixed the
> hesitation and warm up problem.
>
> However, the car still takes 6-9 cranks to fire up. I was thinking
it would be a cold start
> circuit problem, but was informed to check that unhook the cold
start valve and see if it fires.
> Well, it fires, and I get gas out of it when I tried to start the
car.

> So, any other suggestions as to what it could be? A bad fuel
injector or spark on one of the