[DML] Re: Not passing emissions

Hi David,
     Thanks for the tip!  It was this email that helped me figure out
what the problem was!  It did happen all at once.  It turns out that
after comparing pictures with another owner's properly functioning
assembly and talking to Rob Grady that my return spring had snapped
and let itself free.  There was nothing that gradually appeared over a
period of time, just a high idle that started in Chicago and I know
why now.  It didn't really bother me because with the A/C on it is
almost normal, but without the load of the A/C compressor the idle is
twice what it should be.

Now the trick is getting my hands in there to replace the spring
without removing the front top part of the engine....oy!

Matt
VIN 16816