[DML] Oil filter options (was Specifications on Purflux LS 410C)

[DML] Oil filter options (was Specifications on Purflux LS 410C)

Hi Marc,

It's certainly not a waste of time at all to investigate a good
filter to use.  FWIW, I've been using genuine Volvo filters on my
DeLorean ever since I bought my car (a bit over 9 years and 42,000
miles).  I think that I started using it because that's what was on
my car when I bought it.  Despite the claims that the Purflux is the
best (and I don't think anyone can argue that it's not a fine
filter), I just kept using the Volvo filter and intend to keep doing
so, unless I determine a compelling and irrefutable reason not to.  I
admit though, that I have not looked-up the specs for this filter.
So, I'll chalk it up as "road test" style experiment for everyone.
If my engine goes, I'll just fix it.  So far I haven't even had a
reason to open it up.

At any rate, this filter has been working for me for years.  It fits
just fine (comes close to the oil sender, but that doesn't
interfere), it has an anti-drain and bypass valve (don't know at what
pressure it bypasses, though), and costs around $10 at the dealer and
is available through some Internet shops too.

Here are some pictures of the insides of a used one.  It's clearly
not as slick as the Purflux, but has more filter paper than many of
the others out there.  I think Mann is Volvo's supplier, but don't
quote me on that.

http://tinyurl.com/zdjsf

If anyone has the real specs on this OEM filter, I'd like to know.
So far a little Googling has yielded nothing.

Travis