[DML] Re: transmission issue

First of all check the fluid level in the transmission. If it is low
fill to the plug or maybe just dump what is in there and refill with
fresh 85-90W gear oil. You could have the wrong stuff in there, not
enough, or it is contaminated. Next make sure you have enough brake
fluid in the clutch master cylinder. Not a bad idea of you want to
flush and bleed the old stuff out. Before you do that make sure you
have the Stainless Steel braided clutch line. If you have the
origional plastic line that can be the source of your shifting
problem. Change it and then flush and bleed with Castrol GTLMA DOT 4
brake fluid. Then do your brakes too if they haven't been flushed in
the last 2 years. Some owmers claim that synthetic gear oil in the
transmission makes it work better. Can't hurt but it is expensive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757