[DML] DeLorean Licence Plate Idea.

Been a while since I posted, I know. I've been really busy the past
six months with moving to another state, and even getting married
recently. So hopefully, I'll get to become more active with the list
and my local club again (my job keeps getting in the way).

Anyhow, on the way back from dropping my wife off at work this
morning, I was thinking to myself what I want my next custom licence
plate to be. And then, I had an idea.

Most states now offer license plates for charitable & non-profit
organizations. New York State offers plates for sports teams from
professional teams, to local little league teams in small towns.

I know that it's not always going to be easy to get these plates.
Aside from individual approval of a committe to go into production,
there are other hurdles too. In Nevada, a petition of 1,000 signatures
is required, and in Texas, a start-up fee of $15,000 has to be paid,
to get said plate into production. So, it would vary from state to
state on how easy it would be to get such a plate into production.
However, if there was a non-profit car club to back it up in each
state, it would give more levity to get them manufactured.

Now, I also know that this would stir up an old hornets nest too,
about who owns the various "DMC" logos, etc. But, if we could get that
sorted out once and for all, we could have licence plates on our cars
that bear our DMC logos, and the URL for our local car clubs on the
bottom, as well as logos on the sides. Or maybe even the slogan, "Live
the Dream!" printed on the bottom?

Now, like I say, there are certain logistics to this that hampers the
idea in every state. After all, aside from certain red-tape that it
would have to go through, I don't know that every state would even
have enough cars in it. Although, it's not just DeLoreans that these
plates are limited to. They could be used on non-DeLoreans as well, so
enthusists, and 2nd cars alike can sport them as well. I'm positive
beyond a doubt that both Texas and California have more than enough
registered cars to make this possible. And of course, since most clubs
don't limit themselves to state boundaries, not everyone who is a
member of a specific club would be able to partake, since they may
live in a different state.

So the question is now, how many folks out there would be willing to
get a DMC licence plate for their car? DeLorean or otherwise?

-Robert
 vin 6585 "X"