[DML] Re: Brakes broke..

A proper functioning D brake system is about as good as it gets for
street use, WO ABS. 60-0 stopping is 160 ft.! However, if you have
weak components, air in the system or, what I found very common in
the "old days", the wrong pads, you are not going to get proper
performance. In the "old days" before the class of vendors and parts
supply we have now, I found the "cross over" list included a BapGeon
pad that had a friction number of EE (OEM is FF - EE is a tighter
compound pad). Those pads would increase braking distance a lot and I
could never get the brakes to lock up except, maybe, in a full blown
panic pedal push - sudden and as hard as you could do it.

Straying from OEM specs for street use is really a waste of money in
my book because the results are less brake performance. The brake dust
from OEM is a pain I know but a minor annoyance where safety is
concerned.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@... wrote:

> I have the 50/50 and can never lock up my brakes on dry pavement no
matter
> how hard I try.  I've always thought the stopping power of a (my)
DeLorean was