[DML] Alternator Issues

I can't believe I have this much bad luck or the vendors I am buying
my alternators from are selling me bad units. Here is my problem:
when I first got my D the bearings on the alternator were screaming,
so I knew I needed to replace it. Since I was putting a rather large
sound system in it I decided to replace it with a big capacity unit.
I had it installed by a Delorean mechanic so I know it was installed
correctly. After less than 3000 miles the bearings on this unit
literally blew out of the alternator.  This was after all of the
talk about how large of an alternator you should have in the car so
I replaced it with a new 110 Amp unit. This lasted less than 600
miles before the bearings went.

I noticed that I do not have the cone shaped pulley on the front of
the water pump but one that bolts on that has two pulley grooves ( I
am running on the inside groove.). My mechanic says that I should
get a standard Volvo alternator to avoid this problem. What do all
of you think?

Thank you,

Rick
3290