[DML] Re: Brakes broke..

You have to be very careful with cross/references. Although it IS true
the master cylinder was not *made* for the Delorean in many cases
parts were assembled a little differently. A case in point, the final
drive is very similar to other cars but the insides were machined so
the carrier could be flipped over so you wouldn't have 5 speeds in
reverse! The insides of the master cylinder could have been assembled
with different parts specific to the Delorean application. Another
example, the Bosch fuel system, although many parts look alike you can
only go by the part numbers, the insides are different depending on
it's application. It is true the Delorean is a "bin parts" car but you
have to know and be careful when you start substituting parts. The
venders who use these parts in their service business know from hard
earned experience what works and what does not. Another good reason to
try to buy from and support our venders. When you buy parts locally
you may be getting them cheaper (not all the time) or faster but you
buy at your own risk without the benefit of the Delorean vender's
experience or the ability to call for technical help when that part
doesn't work like you expected. I am all for saving money but you have
to know what you can and cannot do and when it isn't worth saving a
couple of bucks. Brakes are one system you might not want to "cheap
out" on.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757