[DML] Re: Door light quandry...

Rear courtesy light is out.. no bulb in there... It did not work
anyhow... so I took out the bulb.

Front courtesy light is a new one from DMCH... It functions as
expected, and does not turn on when the key is set to accessory mode
as the light is in the off position.

Sean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Something is very wrong with the wiring in your car. At the very
least
> the fuse for that circuit should have blown. I would start by
seeing
> if it is even fused or maybe the wrong size fuse is in there. If
you
> find the wrong size fuse is there, you should check ALL of the
fuses.
> After this all I can say is the circuit must be followed to find
the
> problem. This is not a usual type of failure. Probably some wiring
> mods by a previous owner. It is also possable you have a problem in
> one or both of your inside courtesy lights. If they were to melt
and
> short out then you would have an excessive current draw but the
fuse
> should have popped.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "seanhagan" <seanhagan@> wrote:
> >
> > I opened the driver's side door at the grocery store parkinglot
> > yesterday, and the door lights did not turn on... Figured there
was
> > a loose wire connected to the switches.
> >
> > I jiggled the wires behind the switches, and lo and behold the
> > lights came on. But that was not all that happened. I could see
> > sparks coming out from the switch towards the outside of the
car. I
> > could also see smoke and fire coming from behind. My driver and
> > passenger switches are now all melted and ruined. :-( I managed
> > pull the wires off the switches in a parkinglot - Ouch! So now I
> > have no wires connected to any of the door switches... therefor
the
> > lights should NOT come on when the doors are open or at all for
that
> > matter, unless I were to short the wires. That is not the case.
When
> > my doors are open with the car on/running, the lights are off.
When