[DML] Re: Creaking noises

As Knut says, it is probably time to do a thourgh front end lube job.
Take the sway bar bushings apart and lube with silicone grease. Get a
grease gun and lube the upper (2) lower (2) ball joints, left and
right tie rod ends (this may require a needle adapter to get under the
dust seals) and the speedometer angle drive. Now spray silicone at the
upper and lower spring perches, shock mounts, sway bar bushings on the
lower control arms, the steering bushing, and the u-joints in the
steering column. While doing all of this you are also inspecting
bushings and suspension parts for cracks, loose hardware, missing
hardware, rust-outs, torn seals and boots, etc. Don't stop until you
find something or the noise goes away and does not come back. That
noise is a warning. Another possible source is loose lug nuts. Pull
the wheels and inspect the rims where the lug nuts seat for cracks.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757