[DML] Re: how hot is too hot? Coolant temp questions

[DML] Re: how hot is too hot? Coolant temp questions

It probably wouldn't hurt just to change the radiator. I've heard of
a couple of cars with mysterious run-hot problems where the original
radiator was just partially plugged inside from years of not being
flushed. No leaks, no other problems, just plugged.

Another thing to try first would be to hit it with a really strong
garden hose, from both directions. I've seen them full of leaves and
road crud that really cuts down the airflow. The stock radiator is
VERY dense and and plugs with road dirt easily. The aftermarket
radiators are not as dense with respect to the fins, which is why
they need to have more rows. (Compare an OEM radiator to the common
aftermarket one some time). Other than the plastic tanks the OEM
radiator is a work of art.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel@...> wrote:

> This weekend, I took 3231 on a reasonably long trip out of the Bay
> Area to Gold Country to visit my in-laws in the hills north of
Nevada