[DML] Re: Fanzilla Failure???

Fanzillas have failed but it is rare. More common to have a wiring
problem in the car itself. Pull out the fuses and check them with a
meter. A fuse can melt under the cap and still look good. If the fuses
check OK pull the plugs where the Fanzilla connects to the relay
block. Make sure all of the connectors are in place and have not
slipped back in the block. You should get the instruction sheet that
came with your Fanzilla and check that all of the connectors are not
bent or overheated. If you do not find anything wrong you should check
that the Fanzilla is putting 12 volts into the wire going to the fan
that is not running and if it is follow that wire to the fan. If it is
not then you *may* have a problem with the Fanzilla. It may still be
under warranty. In that case you should contact P J Grady. Another
"quick and dirty" way to test the wiring in the car would be to just
stick in a jumper as the "Fan Fail Bypass". Jumper the otterstadt and
 both fans should run with the ignition key on. If you are measuring
voltage at the plug for the fan it is possible there is voltage there
but no ground. In that case it would look like you have no voltage on
the plug. Make sure you have a good, solid ground. Your problem could
just be a dirty or missing ground connection. Each fan is individually
grounded.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steven L. Alves" <steve@...> wrote:

> I have been having a problem with the AC not blowing as cold as it
used to. During troubleshooting I found one of the cooling fans (left
one) is not coming on. I metered it at the fan connection and there
was no voltage. I popped the electronics bay cover and examined the 2
fuses on the fanzilla and they are both good. I even tried switching
them. Do fanzillas go bad? What do I trouble shoot next?