[DML] Re: Power surge - Lock problem

The best way to deal with the stock (OEM) Door Locking Module is to
disconnect the large single red wire going to the circuit breaker. It
takes a bending motion combined with a pulling motion to get the plug
loose from the circuit breaker (there is a clip inside that locks into
a hole in the tab of the circuit breaker). Leave the large white plug
connected. Now you will still have the light in the console to remind
you to lock the doors. You have to lock both of the doors manually to
get the light to go out. The large red wire is the power for the
locking solenoids only. The module also gets power from the purple
wire to run the relays and light. Another thing you can do with the
Locking Module is to just add a 20 Amp fuse in line with the large red
wire. Now if something does happen to the relays the fuse will blow
and not reset like the circuit breaker. Don't do this if you have
already damaged the door solenoids. They must be replaced or rewound
before you can use them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp@...> wrote:

> I agree with Chris, except unplug the lock module power source
instead.  If
> I recall correctly, it is a red wire that runs to the circuit
breaker just