RE: [DML] Re: Loose sideview mirror pivot

RE: [DML] Re: Loose sideview mirror pivot

I had the same problem.

 I used a rubber washer to try and tighten it, but this didn't work very
well, so I drilled a hold through the mirror into the mounting bracket
and used a dry wall screw to secure it.  I put one going from the
mounting bracket into the mirror going straight up and one from the
mounting bracket into the mirror on the side closest to the car. .  Just
did this on Saturday and it seems to be working fine.

One caution.  Use as short a screw as possible so it will not interfere
with the motor that controls the position of the mirror.

Of course, the mirror casing will no longer pivot in or out, but the
mirror itself will still adjust using the control.  I used the drywall
screws because the were closely threaded and will not rust.  Hope this
helps.

Sincerely,

Mitch Tyner

Mitchell H. Tyner, Sr.