[DML] Re: AC Box Removal

You should be able to clean the box up without having to remove it.
Removal is a BIG deal. Pull out the blower motor and stick your arm in
with a vacuum and then wash it with a small water hose. Wash out the
box and the coil and see what junk comes out the drain. In fact you
may want to hook a shop vac up to  the drain as you flush the inside
with water. Mice can and do go inside. You might also want to remove
the plastic grill in front of the windshield and vacuum and clean that
area out thoughly. Especially if the car was ever stored outside. That
area (the cowl) fills up with all kinds of litter and can eventually
work it's way into the A/C.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757