Re: [DML] door marker lights
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] door marker lights

There is something wrong with the wiring. I've chased this down in at 
least one car and found that critters in the door had chewed thru the 
wiring causing it to short against the body. Cleaning up the wiring 
and removing the dead mice solved the problem. Mice love the 
airconditioner ducting and it leads them right into the doors. 

(sarcasm note) If you keep putting in bigger fuses you'll eventually 
find the problem, by burning up the wiring (not recommended!). 

Dave S

I'll bet Bernie didn't know that C&B was a former habitrail.....

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christopher Mack 
<christopher_mack@...> wrote:
> ED,
>   I don't know why that is happening.  You could replace the door  
lights with LED's to reduce the current draw so that the fuse won't  
blow.  Try it and let me know what happens
>   -Chris
>   DMC6453
> rdcejc <rdcejc@...> wrote:  Has anyone had trouble with the door 
marker light fuse blowing.  It 
> seems that if I leave the door open for more than five minutes it 
> blows the fuse.  I've put a larger 15amp fuse in but it blew too. 
> suggestions are welcome
> Ed
> 6944

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see

To search the archives or view files, log in at 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN

Copyright 2006  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive