[DML] Re: Getting rid of trailing arm setup (was Stainless Frame Feature

[DML] Re: Getting rid of trailing arm setup (was Stainless Frame Features)

One option for making the DMC-12 into a DMC-24 (4 seater) would be to
stretch it in the middle and try to hang 2 more doors on the car by
using a left door for the rear right and the right door for the rear
left. You run into all kinds of problems with the torsion bars, the
inside panels and hardware of the doors, the anchor pins in the
middle, and so on. It will take someone with a lot of imagination to
pull it off but imagine what you could wind up with! A 4 door, 4
seater Delorean! Of course the powertrain would also have to be
upgraded in some manner to handle the additional weight. In many
respects you will be building a whole new car! I am sure that the
designers at DMC had all kinds of plans for future projects of this
nature. It would be interesting to know some of what was being
planned. Right now all I know about is the big project that was "in
the works" was the Legend turbo upgrade that was due to come out for
the 83 model year. Fred Dellis (owner of Legend Industries) gave us a
lot of "inside information" about what was going on between Legend and
DMC up to the end. I figure this power upgrade was in preparation to
enlarge the DMC-12.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757