[DML] Re: Optima Batteries?

IMHO the real problem is the way most of us use the cars
(infrequently). The ordinary lead-acid battery is a lot more tolerant
to the abuse of slow discharge to empty and then being chronically
undercharged after that. My opinion on the way to go is to just put in
the Delco battery and, if you feel the need, carry one of the portable
jumper batteries. They are so cheap now and they come with inverters,
lights, and air compressors. The best part is if you have to jump
someone else you don't run the risk of damaging your own car. A master
battery switch is also a good idea. When storing the car for extended
times (like over the winter) remove the battery and trickle charge it
once a month for a day. The Optima batteries just aren't worth it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757