Re: [DML] Optima Batteries?

While I can't comment on their overall failure rate, I wouldn't be
surprised if they did have a high rate of failure in our Ds. All too often
you hear of people replacing the battery with an Optima or replacing the
alternator to fix electrical issues, when the problem is with a bad ground
or dirty contacts. I'll admit to being guilty of this and is probably the
reason of my red top going bad after 2 years. When reading the archives, a
large number of people "solved" their electrical issues by buying a very
large 1000 CCA battery. I wouldn't expect those to last very long either.

Now that I have everything sorted out and no major drain when off (upgraded
lock module and don't have door lights staying on), I expect my current
Optima to last a very long time.

Chris
VIN 4099