[DML] Re: DCS Registration

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback. Even though none of the people who wrote to
me privately mention anything about the print quality of the badges,
during the show some people were asking me if I could provide a
higher quality print. So I'll let everyone know why the pre
registered badges looked better than the ones I printed on the day of
the show, but the differences were only obvious if you looked closely.
A little background on what happened: Ken looked all over town for
cards that were that size you saw and he only found those at this
store that they ONLY sell paper!
We had about 520 of those and I left the house with 511 badges
printed. There was no way I could go to the store again and buy more,
so I had to print them on 8.5 x 11 paper. It didn't matter how I set
the printing quality, it took forever for the ink to dry on regular
paper, if I set the quality to high it would mess up when we
laminated, on top of that, I couldn't laminate because as everyone
probably have seen, I have a cast on! Fortunately, there were
wonderful volunteers that helped with registration and laminated the
badges. Even though you couldn't tell after they were laminated, the
pre registered people had their badges printed on a card. Unless
someone wanted to include their VIN that they hadn't supplied in
advance or decided to add a dinner to their badge, I had to print
them again.
During the whole show, the ink cartridges were fine and I had another
spare set, so it was just the type of paper used, not the lack of
ink ;)
Again, register as soon as registration opens and you should have
your badges printed in advance :)

Flavia