[DML] Concourse the good & the bad

I started out thinking that my cars were pretty well prepped, just a
few wipes and I should be o.K. I wanted to help out Ken and others
with setting up and tearing down the show so bad. I asked Ken when I
arrived what I could do. He said, "you brought two cars to the
concourse, concentrate on them". He was right, I cleaned and cleaned
and cleaned. Friday night after cleaning all day, I decided to
leave, Sandor said "where are you going' the shows tomorrow, are you
sure your going to have time to finish?" I thought about it, sat
back down opened an Amstel Light and worked with cuetips on the rims
for 2 hours more. Unfortunately, I spent very little time checking
things out that were going on all around me. I was so focussed on
cleaning. The lighting in Dupage revealed everything, the fans above
were blowing layers of dust onto the cars, every time I walked away
and came back, I had to wipe the car down again. Literally 16 or
more hours cleaning when ordinarily an hour or two at most  at home.
The experience was great the 3rd place win of course was an enormous
fun feeling, the bad was missing out on the fun and wanting to help
during the day.

Keep that in mind when you enter a concourse. Prepare as much as you
can prior to th event, never rely on the weather. COVER your car
when not in use.

Byron