Re: [DML] DCS judging of cars

I can't remember every car we judged there were so many.  Basically
what we were looking for was the following:

1.  Fit and finish of the body, dents did count, dust and rain spots
didn't. Panel and fascia alignment.  Major scratches counted, paint
flaking off fascias also got a ding.  And if the car was painted
condition of the paint.

2.  Interior, wear, fit and finish, we saw lots of A pillers that had
seperated from the body.  Dirty carpets got a ding too.  Rusty
interior parts also got a ding.  Check your seat rails and seat belt
attachment points.  Vacumme the carpets and apply some conditioner to
your vinyl and leather.  Cracked dashes and binnacles also got dinged.

3.  Engine, cleanliness of the engine compartment, rust, clean your
engines and get the oil off of them.

4.   Undercarrage, huge globs of dirt, greasy just bascially nasty got
a ding, and dirty wheels were a pet peeve of one of the judges, at
least wipe down the wheels.  Original tires were a plus but didn't
necessarily add to a score.

5.  Overall, the 4 judges overall impression of the car.  Very
subjective, a car could get a higher score here than in all of the
previous categories.

I must say that there were some absolutley gorgeous DeLoreans there,
those that took the time to clean up the car and get it ready for
showing scored higher than those that didn't.  Some of the cars we
judged could be concours cars, but would lose because of modifications
that were made.  I would like to suggest a Best of Show award for
those non-modified cars not entered in the Concours.  If this was a
category, we would have been back out judging probably right up to
award time, for the cars that really impressed us.

We did not judge for any of the special category awards, we just
judged the car, special electronics etc., did not count against you,
neither did they add to the score.

I will say this, I did not judge some cars as the car was known to me
from working on it or knowing the owner.  My car was the very last car
judged, I did not have time to detail it during the judging as most
everyone else did.  While mine was being judged I took 5 minutes to
hit up the vendors to get some parts.

Bernie