[DML] Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA

   Ken K made the announcement and we now know the next DCS show in 2008 will
be held in Gettysburg, PA. What Ken did NOT tell everyone, or if he did I
sure missed it, is that we all need to start making room reservations NOW for
this event. And there are a few good reasons to do so.
    First, the Eisenhower Hotel and Resort is the place Ken has chosen for
this event. It is located about 4-5 miles outside of Gettysburg on a quiet 2
lane country highway, very much different then the 6 lanes of traffic we had
roaring past at PR. The entire complex is set back off the highway with a winding drive up to the main hotel unit, called Eisenhower 1. Next to the main hotel
unit is a second hotel unit connected by an enclosed walkway that is called
Eisenhower 2. Located on the other side of this complex is the convention center
and events complex, which is about twice the size of the expo center we had at
PR. It's a fantastic complex which even includes 2 very nice outdoor go-kart
tracks and a lake with paddle boats. Based on what little info I have given
here, you can see the Eisenhower Resort is an excellent facility for DCS-08.
   Now, what Ken did NOT tell everyone was, right now the resort has agreed
to block out one of the main hotel units for him/us. This equals half the
resort, or about 150 rooms. They have also agreed that if Ken can get us to call
and reserve 80% of the first hotel unit, they will then block out the second
hotel unit for our event. What this means is if we, the Delorean community, will
call and place reservations for rooms NOW for this event, Ken can end up with
the entire complex, including the convention center, for DCS-08. And if we do
this NOW it will assist Ken in ways none of us can imagine, including saving
all of US money to attend. If Ken fills the entire complex, he is then in a
much better position to work with the motel management when determining items
like meal costs and entertainment expenses and even go-kart rental rates. By
having the entire complex to work with, he also has a lot more flexibility when it
comes to even the simplest stuff, like parking locations for our cars. It
will give him the opportunity to do more for this event then he has ever had in
the past, which will end up meaning more for us, the participants.
   And the really simple thing is it costs us, the Delorean community,
nothing to accomplish this. All you have to do is pick up the phone, call the
Eisenhower at 1-800-776-8349 and make a reservation for the DCS event for
June12th-14th, 2008. Your credit card will not be billed and you can cancel the room any
time up to 48 hours before arrival. Heck, the credit card I gave them even
expires before 2008, but they accepted the reservation with no problems. We need
to fill the first unit so Ken can have access to the second motel unit and
the entire complex, and all it takes is a quick call.
   Ken spoke at PR about the show being just about maxed out, from the
standpoint of what he could handle. This show has grown larger every time it
happens, and it appears it has just about reached it's, or I should say Ken's limits.
Randal Brown spoke about the Delorean community and it's various clubs
getting more involved to assist Ken with these events, and I agree this is something
we need to do if we want to continue with these shows. Making a room
reservation NOW is one of the biggest and best things you can do to help this process
get started. And like I said, it costs you nothing but a couple minutes of
your time and if, for some reason, it ends up working out you don't make it to
DCS-08, all you need to do is make another phone call and cancel. But you still
end up greatly helping the Delorean community out by having made the first
call to make the reservations.

  Eisenhower Hotel and Resort
  1-800-776-8349
  DCS-08
  June 12th (Thursday) thru June 14th (Saturday)  2008

    Also, just an FYI - did anybody know that there were a couple of
envelopes that Ken had taped to the bottom of the chairs at PR in the expo center, one
with a hundred dollar bill in it ? Did anybody go home $100 richer ???

   Marty Maier