RE: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

RE: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

I went to the show with the assumption that they would announce Phoenix,
Denver or Vegas maybe.  I don't get it either, and I was disappointed.

5200 miles roundtrip from my house.  It would take me longer to drive to
the show than I would spend at the show, lets not even bring up the
drive back home.

At first I thought it might be partially because CA has a huge
concentration of Deloreans,  but not a large club, and as an effect we
are less involved in the national scene.   DMC in Garden Grove tries to
organize events,  but it doesn't work like it seems to for AZ-D or the
other groups.   It occurs to me now, though that maybe we don't have a
strong club locally because national participation is so difficult.  I
saw the value of the local clubs firsthand this weekend,  I don't think
a lot of west coast owners have.  If the show wants to keep growing,
moving farther from the largest group of car owners seems like a weird
idea.

When they gave out the award last night for the greatest distance
traveled there was some confusion, but someone did say "didn't someone
trailer their car in from CA?"  Wow...  that's sad.