[DML] Re: YET another a/c thread!

You need to check a couple of things.

Are both fans in front working properly? When you check things in
shop mode you should also put a fan in front of the car.

Then, the engine speed should be up to around 2,000 rpm. I slip a
screwdriver under the idle stop screw to achieve this.

High pressure should not get over 350 psi (usually around 300) while
low side should vary between 25-35 psi until cycle time at about
25psi or lower. Until the interior cools down the system may not
cycle.

The high side pressure looks a bit high to me which could be an over
charge, too much oil, or not enough air moving across the condenser
(the front of the car) because of poor fan speed or even clogged
condenser fins (you might put the water hose to it to clean it out).

A properly charged system will run warmer at idle than at speed.

You might also check the air flow of the interior. If the blend door
is not closed properly air could be going across the heater coils
too - which on "Max" should be turned off. You may want to check to
heater valve. I believe a no vacuum condition turns it on.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "at88mph" <at88mph@...> wrote:

> Welp,  I finally got the a/c compressor/accumulator/orifice tube
installed today along with some R12.  The system was throughly
vacuumed and checked fine (no leaks).  The temp today in Mobile, Al
was roughly 85 degrees and at idle, the gauges were reading 40 and
235.  However, at idle the best I could get it down to was around 68
degrees with the ac set to 'max' and speed 4.  The compressor is
running constantly and the cooling fans are running and have been
checked to make sure they're running in the right direction.  The
accumulator is dripping sweat like crazy.  Any thoughts on why I'm
only getting down to 68 degrees?  I talked with Stephen a few weeks
ago and he had a car out in Houston in the same conditions and said
he was getting around 35 degrees inside the car!