[DML] Re: Brake Hose Removal

OK, this is humbling, but I still can't get those back lines off. The
front ones finally gave up after enough persuasion. I took the nut and
the washer off of each end, but I can't seem to get the fitting beaten
through the bracket from the "inside" of the car (i.e., that one stuck
up behind the transmission mount).

I've spent a few days off and on beating on it and spraying PB
blaster, but to no avail. Is wailing on it with a hammer really all
that I need to do?

Thanks again,
  Mike

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@...> wrote:

> Once you disconnect the hard line, and remove the nut and washer,
all it
> takes is elbow grease. 25 years of rust can build up in there
holding it in
> nice and tight. Spraying it all down with PB Blaster a few days
before hand
> should really help out. Just support the bracket and give the hose a
few
> good wacks with a hammer. This may destroy the hose fitting, so I'm
> assuming you are replacing them.
>
> If you are trying to remove the rear hoses, things get worse. I
swear that
> when the factory workers connected the lines where they go through the
> frame, they added extra epoxy and then crimped the hole to hold the
lines
> good and tight! Because of the transmission, you can't really get a
hammer
> in there to pound them out. I had to put the nut back on a few
threads and
> then hold the open end of a large wrench to it. This allowed me to
hammer
> from underneath, while the force from the large blows are
transferred to