[DML] woe is me - PR DeLorean meet

My beloved DeLorean died. The eulogy will be given after the meet in Pheasant Run.

For 2 years I have anxiously awaited driving my, always dependable, super anally clean, beautiful and trustworthy '83 DeLorean to the Chicago show.

On checking the mechanics a few weeks ago, I discovered a small water pump leak. Being no mechanic, and rather than risk a problem en route, I ordered one from a usually very dependable supplier - who forgot to ship the water pump kit. When I called for a tracking #, they apologized and shipped immediately but it was too late to have my mechanic do the work properly. 6 days had passed since I ordered it. In the rush, bolts broke off when removing the intake manifold, and had to be drilled out, some alternator bolts were badly rusted and snapped off, the oil pressure switch was rusted in place and the connection could not be detached without breaking. A new alternator will arrive Friday noon. I'm leaving Friday @ 6 am.

Along the highway to Chicago, as you pass a black Cadillac CTS in your DeLorean, you may see my tears of frustration, annoyance, and sadness.

For those who understand and sympathize, I will be accepting alcoholic beverages of condolence at the hotel! Donations and words of encouragement will also be accepted for the repairs (LOL).

Marv.
# 17077
marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx