[DML] Re: Travel to DCS - westbound on I-80, construction update

[DML] Re: Travel to DCS - westbound on I-80, construction update

Sorry this is a little late for some of you, but I hope it
will still help others on their way to the Chicago area
traveling westbound on I-80, anywere from NY to Chicago.
I hope this info will help out with your travel to DCS.

This is the latest construction infomation as of 06/14/06.

New Jersey:
Exit 53 on 80, two left lanes closed down to single lane, few hundred
yards (4:30am)

Penn:
Exit 293, one lane open (right lane closed for 2 miles)

Penn:
247, right lane closed for 3 miles, concrete barriers

Penn:
Exit 153, left lane closed for 3 miles, one lane open

Penn:
116, one lane for 5 miles, concrete barrier on right side, old dirt
shoulder

Ohio:
225, left lane closed for 2 miles, one lane open, concrete barriers
on
left, narrow shoulder

Ohio:
196, two right lanes closed for about a mile, down to single lane,
wider shoulder

Ohio:
Exit 180, right lane closed for a 1000 feet

Ohio:
Edgerton Rd to York Rd long delay, heavy congestion, slow moving
traffic

Ohio:
Starts on Sterns Rd. end on 144 (very long construction site), right
lane closed, two lanes open, wider shoulder turns into narrow
shoulder

Ohio:
96 to 95, left lane closed, two right lanes open

Ohio:
Shoulders closed at exit 71, heavy congestion (1:15pm ET)

Indiana:
104, bridgework left lane closed, next 5 miles construction

Thanks to Tony Swann for compiling this information on his way
back from NY yesterday.

Drive safely.

Later,
Rich W.