[DML] Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue

I do not know the scientific explanation of why you MUST use the
double-stick tape. I DO know from other's painful experience that if
you glue the mirror directly onto the glass it either falls off or
eventually will crack the glass. The pad is not so awful. If you trim
it after applying it to the mirror before you mount the mirror onto
the glass you cannot tell there is any tape there between them. If you
use an aftermarket mirror and/or do not use the tape you do so at your
own risk for damaging the windshield. One very good point to the tape
is that you do not have to wait for glue to dry and they do not fall
off if it gets very hot inside. Back around the late 70's-early 80's
it was very common to get into your car on a very hot day and find the
mirror on the seat or the floor (not on Deloreans but on many American
cars). I reglued many a mirror back on.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steelwings" <steelwings@...> wrote:

> ***Moderator's Note*** This post was edited for profanity. Please
keep it clean in the future. Thanks.