[DML] Re: air conditioning.

I did not mention reversability for the purpose of concours. Sometimes
things just have to be disassembled and using the foam makes it very
difficult. I am only trying to point out that there are other methods
to do this repair other than using the foam of which I am not a big
fan. I have used it for building insulation and I have seen if you use
too much you can make windows and doors impossible to open and close.
As the foam expands it can exert great force and heat. If you use too
much you can't stop it once you squirt it!
 Duct tape can be hard to remove but it is easier than the foam. The
foam can actually fuse into plastic making it impossible to remove
without destroying the plastic. I just hope you aren't the one that
will have to deal with taking anything in the door apart in the
future! It is your car to do with as you please but someday someone
else may have to deal with the work you have done on the car after you
are gone. I try to make things I do reversable, someone may have to go
back over my work someday and if it is me I like to make it easy for
myself! I have found foam hard to control and do not recomend it for
anything but insulating hard to reach or irregular areas in building
construction.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757