[DML] Re: squeeking noise

I believe you have a sticking caliper piston. It is probably not
backing away from the rotor adequately and, when things get warmer,
the piston probably releases even less after you apply the brakes.
Was one brake pad worn more than the other? That is a sign.

I get a squeaking sound (rhythmic) from my driver side rear every
now and then, even with PJGrady's release springs, because of too
much rotor run out. But I don't get any pulsing, etc. so I'll just
live with it until I need some new rotors.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> That was a great idea - in fact I even pulled the wheels off,
adjusted the
> parking brakes, and while I was in there I pulled out the rear
brake pad pins,
> cleaned them, and greased them.  Then I took it for a drive -
unfortunately
> that wasn't the problem because there is still something making a
little
> noise.
>
> The noise I hear is very similar to rubbing glass with a wet
towel, or the
> sound the fuel pump makes when it is cavitating (definitely not
the  problem).
> It is not rhythmic and doesn't seem to be influenced by
suspension travel.
> It seems to be only doing this when the car is good and  hot.  I
didn't notice
> it at all during warm up.  It only squeeks when  the car is
moving, and it is
> not related to the brakes i.e. it doesn't go away  or start when
applying the
> brakes.  It is not dependent on turning the car  a certain
direction, and I
> can only hear it at low speeds with my foot off  the gas. I tried
pulling the
> parking brake while I was rolling and that was  a much higher-
pitched squeek.
> After I got home, I jacked the car up and  turned the wheels by
hand - no
> noises other than the typical pads rubbing  the rotors.  So, I
guess I am
> convinced it has to be in the suspension but  I don't know where.
Maybe I will try